My Photo
Name:
Location: FL, United States

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Windows Live Writer

There’s been lots of buzz on Twitter lately among the SharePoint Twitterati expounding on the many virtues of the new Windows Live Writer. I decided to try it out. Here goes nothing.

I think it’s time that I start blogging. I mean, all my friends, family and even some of my co-workers are doing it.  I really need to be just as cool as them, right?

The truth is, I’ve never strived to be cool. Until I bought my printer about two years ago, I had never owned a scanner. I know, a computer guy without a scanner. Sacrilege! And speaking of not following the cool trends, would you believe that I’ve never used EBAY? Nope, never. Not once to buy nor to sell. In fact, I’ve never used any online auction to buy or sell anything. But with my impending move, I really do need to get rid of some stuff so if you happen to read this, please provide me with some advice on what to do or what not to do and how to get the biggest benefit and avoid getting ripped off on ebay. 

Speaking of who’s reading this, I’m guessing something pretty close to nobody is reading this blog. I’ve linked to the blog from my Facebook account but I doubt anyone’s noticed it.  If you do happen to be reading this, please accept my humblest of apologies. I am what is known as “verbose”. I tend to go overboard with details. The thing is, in recent years, the main thing I’ve been writing is technical reports and in the type of work I do, I feel compelled to include every minute detail. I mean, really… who likes to find out that the documentation they just read isn’t comprehensive? The truth is, I used to write. Any I used to write some really cool stuff. I used to write comedy and I used to write poems. Yes, poems. I said it. Why?

I will do anything to write like I used to. I hope that by blogging I will get back to my old style. Funny would be nice, poetic would be nice, funny poetic would be… OK, I think that would be a little too “Weird Al” for me.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hey.

I'm reading.

March 5, 2009 at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home